Stretch and Strength på tirsdager i Oslo sentrum; fleksibilitet og styrkeklasse med Karina.
Stretch and Strength skjer på tirsdager kl. 16.00–16.50. Se komplett timeplan her.
8-ukers kurs starter med gratis prøvetime under våre gratisuker (om det er din første gang). Ellers mulig å ta drop in når som helst.
Designed for dancers & useful for everyone. Expect an amazing playlist that will take you to blissful realms!
Bring your friends & meet new friends! Welcome!
10-15 minutes of warm up + core & frame workout.
The remaining time we do thorough stretches (pain-free). During the stretches, Karina guides you explanations about them, and sometimes with efficient body-mind relaxation techniques (mini-meditations).
Flexibility and muscle mass/strength tends to diminish as we get older, but you can regain and maintain it. It’s much easier to do it in a group, with motivating teachings and music!
We are starting with a SPECIAL OFFER where everyone can pay student price!! More info further down.
Our program is designed to:
- 1. Increase flexibility and joint range of motion, improving your dance and daily performance in tasks such as lifting children or packages or weight at the gym, bending to tie your shoes, maintaining balance on an icy sidewalk, zipping up a dress, reaching for something on the top shelf, hurrying to catch an appointment, etc.
- 2. Enhance coordination and muscle control, as maintaining the full range-of-motion through your joints keeps you in better balance. This will help keep you mobile and less prone to injury from falls, especially as you get older.
- 3. Improve circulation, bringing nourishment to tissues, getting rid of waste byproducts in the muscle tissue and reducing inflammation. Improved circulation can help shorten your recovery time in muscle injuries and can increase energy levels.
- 4. Better your posture, keep your muscles from getting tight and minimize discomfort.
- 5. Relieve stress, as stretching relaxes tense muscles that often accompany stress. Meditative stretching as taught in this class can help calm the mind, providing a mental break and giving your body a chance to recharge. It offers a greater sense of well-being and a more restful sleep.
- 6. Avoid muscle soreness.
- 7. Improve breathing.
«Many people think the core consists only of the Abdominals, but the core also includes your pelvic muscles, mid and lower back muscles, and even your hip muscles. All of these muscles work together to support your spine and skull. How Does Core Strength Benefit Your Body? Think of your core as a muscular corset that stabilizes your entire body, helping to give you a center of gravity whether you’re at rest or moving your limbs: Just as a ballerina uses her center of gravity to keep her balance as she spins across the floor, you draw upon your core strength whenever you walk, sit, exercise or perform pretty much any activity.» (Read more at http://
People who have suffered recently from an acute muscle strain, fractured bones or joint sprains should not join this class. Consult your doctor if you are not sure if it’s good for you.
Be kind to your muscles and they will be kind to you!
Karina has 25 years experience in teaching dances and study several forms of dance and exercise forms to achieve better dance frame, core and flexibility. She will present techniques from yoga, jazz ballet, pilates, gymnastics and other sources to help you prepare your body to stay fit. Karina is a fun and lighthearted teacher, and create a great atmosphere for everyone. Karina has a base of Jazz-Ballet and Rhythmic Gyms, starting when she was 5 years old. She is graduated in Psychology and has been teaching Presence meditations for over 2 decades!
Click here to read more about Karina
What to bring for Stretch and Strength
Yoga mat (we have a dozen to borrow), water bottle, stretching clothes and your curious & open heart-mind 😉 We sell multi-pure water as well.
Class can be taught in English, according to the needs of participants. It can be translated what is needed to Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish & Persian.
We are starting with a SPECIAL OFFER where everyone can pay student price if they get a full pass or a double class card for the 2 weekly stretching classes:
*** Full Pass: Kr. 990,- (790,- students) for 8 hours course, during 8 weeks (Choose Single Class Card Students if you buy online)
*** Double Class Card: Kr. 1790,- (1440,- students) for 2 x 8 hours course, during 8 weeks (Choose Single Class Card Students if you buy online)
*** Punch-card: 1600,- / 1280,- students (10 punches)
*** Drop-in: 200,- or 160 for students (100,- if it’s your 1st time)
*** The program is included in I Love Dancing Advantage Cards: Silver, Gold & Diamond.
Also possible to get double or triple class cards.
Click here to check all our class cards. You can also buy your chosen card at Buy at the door. We accept cash and card.
*** Recruit a new friend (who hasn’t been to ILD):
We deduct 10% of whatever your friends purchase, from your own course.
Example 1: Your friend takes a full course (990,-/ 790,- students), you get kr 99,-/ 79,-discount on your course.
Example 2: Your friend purchases a Diamond Card (Kr 6990,-/ 5590,- Students), you get Kr 699,-/ 559,- discount on your course, and so on 🙂
We take good care of you
We have created the perfect atmosphere for learning, having fun and socializing at I Love Dancing, dedicating to offer the best quality in all we do for you:
– Awesome pedagogy
– Fun classes in all levels
– Fast results
– Kind instructors
– Many popular dance styles
– Friendly community
– Elegant and super central location
– Great variety of amazing music
– Awesome sound system
– Great dance floor
– Cozy colorful light system
– Nice ecological bar & café
– Exclusive dance shop
– Effective combination of classes & party of the same dance style on the same day and location, so you can practice right away what you learn and make best use of your investment of time and money.
– Our events are done with great respect for other teachers & events.
– This is truly a place of art with a heart!
Look very much forward to see you all at Stretch and Strength classes on Mondays & Wednesdays!
Best regards, BIG hugs, and much appreciation,
I Love Dancing Team,